6 Mistakes Young Players Make
Here are 6 mistakes I see many players making. These mistakes are understandable, but absolutely unacceptable.
- They only do the minimum required. They get to their workout 5 minutes before it starts and leave the moment it is over.
- They put way more time, effort and pride in to their offensive game.
- They are consumed by personal stats (points, assists, etc.). They care more about the scorebook than the scoreboard.
- They whine to the refs. They make excuses. They point the finger.
- They take a lot of bad shots. They take ‘my turn’ shots. They take shots out of range and out of rhythm. They take an average shot instead of getting a good shot for a teammate.
- They think they have all of the answers. They don’t allow themselves to be coached.
Eliminate these 6… and you will take a major step forward to becoming the best player you are capable of.
Thanks for reading, time to get back in the gym.